Metro’s Service Councils will host the second of two FY24 Budget Public Forums where Metro’s budget team will share analysis of the public feedback received and present the proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2024 (July 1, 2023 – June 30-2024).
This event follows Metro’s Telephone Town Halls and the briefing the Service Councils hosted in January of this year.
The April 25 forum will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the Metro Board Room. The public is encouraged to join in person, online, or by phone, and to ask questions and share feedback. Comments can be submitted in person, online, or by calling in during the event. To submit comments:
- The agenda can be found here
- Submit your eComment to be read during the briefing here
- Participate via Zoom Online/En Línea: https://zoom.us/join or Listen By Phone/Escuchar Por Teléfono: 213 338 8477 or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free/Gratuito) via
- Webinar ID: 812 3827 8002 Passcode/Contraseña: 411498
- Interpretation in Spanish will be provided. Se proporcionará interpretación en español.
Metro will accept comments on the FY24 Budget through midnight, May 17. You can also submit comments via the following methods:
- Via the online comment form at budget.metro.net;
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By postal mail: LA County Metro
Attn: Board Clerk
One Gateway Plaza, MS: 99-3-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2932
The final budget for public review will be released in early May and will be made available online — keep an eye on The Source for details.
On Wednesday, May 17, 2023, the FY24 Budget Public Hearing will be held in the Metro Board of Directors’ Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee at 1:30 p.m. The Metro Board is then scheduled to vote on the budget at their meeting on May 25. Details on how to participate in the hearing and meetings will be posted at boardagendas.metro.net at least 72 hours in advance of each event. More information about Metro’s FY24 Budget and budget process is available at budget.metro.net.
Categories: Policy & Funding, Projects