Service for the regular season begins on Thursday, March 30, when the Dodgers host the Arizona Diamondabacks in their home opener at 7:10 p.m.
The Dodger Stadium Express will be running, as usual, for every Dodger regular season and playoff game in 2023.
The Dodger Stadium Express runs to the ballpark from two locations: Union Station and Harbor Gateway Transit Center with stops at four bus stations along the 110 freeway (Rosecrans, Harbor Freeway, Manchester and Slauson). The bus is free to those with a game ticket.
Union Station is served by many Metro and municipal bus lines and Metro Rail’s B (Red), D (Purple) and L (Gold) lines, as well as Metrolink and Amtrak. Harbor Gateway Transit Center, in the South Bay, is also served by several Metro bus lines, the Metro J Line (Silver) and Torrance Transit. There is also free and paid parking at many Metro stations — here’s the list. Harbor Gateway has free parking and Union Station has paid parking ($8 per day).
To plan your entire transit trip, we suggest using the Transit app, mapping apps such as Google Maps and Apple Maps or our trip planner at metro.net.
Here’s what you need to know to ride the Dodger Stadium Express:
Where to Board
From Union Station:
- Union Station service will operate out of Union Station West (the Alameda Street side of the building), near the taxi zone.
- Service to the game begins 90 minutes before game time through the end of the 2nd inning for all home games.
- Buses will pick up and drop off fans at the Top Deck and the center field entrance to the stadium. Service back to Union Station will pick up at the same stops after the game.
- Return service ends 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after post-game events.
From the South Bay:
- Board at any of the following stations: Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Bay 9), Rosecrans, Harbor Freeway, Manchester and Slauson.
- Buses run every 30 minutes starting 2 hours before game time, with the last bus leaving Harbor Gateway Transit Center at game time.
- Buses will drop off at the right field entrance to the stadium. Service back to the South Bay will pick up at the same stop after the game.
- Return service begins after the end of the 7th inning, with the last bus departing 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after a post-game event.
Game Day Tips
- The Dodger Stadium Express is free to ride; regular fares apply on all other connecting bus and rail service.
- Riders will be permitted to board at Cesar E. Chavez/Broadway if space is available.
Categories: Go Metro
Last year was awful. We got to the bus a minute after the last pitch and still had to wait 3 buses (at 30 min headways) to get back to Harbor City. Never again.
Being packed like sardines into buses isn’t our idea of a fun time.
Fantastic. Best way to get there!