On Tuesday, January 31, Metro’s Service Councils will host the first of two FY24 Budget Public Forums in which Metro’s budget team will explain: our Equitable Zero-Based Budget (EZBB) process; near-term outlook; a revenue and cost performance index preview, and; the public outreach process for the budget for Fiscal Year 2024 (which runs from this July 1 through June 30-2024).
These events follow Metro’s January 17 Telephone Town Hall on the budget in which people both registered to listen and Metro contacted others.
The January 31 forum will begin at 6:00 p.m. The public is encouraged to join online or by phone, ask questions, and share feedback! You can submit comments online or by calling in during the event. To join:
- Link to Agenda & presentation: metro.net/calendar/fy24-budget-process-briefing/
- Comment Online: Submit your eComment to be read during the briefing here
- Participate via Zoom Online/En Línea: https://zoom.us/join or Listen By Phone/Escuchar Por Teléfono: 213 338 8477 or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free/Gratuito) via
- Webinar ID: 812 3827 8002 Passcode/Contraseña: 411498
- Interpretation in Spanish will be provided. Se proporcionará interpretación en español.
Metro will accept comments on the FY24 Budget through midnight, May 17. You can also submit comments via the following methods:
- Via the online comment form at budget.metro.net;
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By postal mail: LA County Metro
Attn: Board Clerk
One Gateway Plaza, MS: 99-3-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2932
Additional opportunities to learn more about the budget process, ask questions, and share your thoughts are also being planned.
On Tuesday, April 25 at 6:30 p.m., Metro’s budget team will join the Service Councils again, this time to share analysis of the public feedback received and present the proposed FY24 budget.
The final budget for public review will be released in early May and will be made available online — keep an eye on The Source for details.
On Wednesday, May 17, 2023, the FY24 Budget Public Hearing will be held in the Metro Board of Directors’ Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee at 1:30 p.m. The Metro Board is then scheduled to vote on the budget at their meeting on May 25. Details on how to participate in the hearing and meetings will be posted at boardagendas.metro.net at least 72 hours in advance of each event. More information about Metro’s FY24 Budget and budget process is available at budget.metro.net.