Did you know that using a TAP card is the safest, most flexible way to pay for your transit fare?
If you normally pay with cash when you ride Metro, switch to TAP to save money and time. TAP is a reloadable transit fare card that you can use to pay for bus and rail.
Paying with TAP gives you perks that cash can’t
- Access to discounts, including reduced fares for senior/disabled riders, students K-12 and College/Vocational and those who make low incomes
- Load fare to pay on Metro and 25 additional transit agencies around L.A. County
- Special promotions like the current half-price promotion on Metro daily, weekly and 30-day passes require a TAP card
Where to get a TAP card
- At one of over 500 vendor locations near you.
- On the TAP app available for iPhone and Android. Search ‘TAP LA’ in the App Store or Google Play store to download the TAP app
- The TAP app also allows you to use your smartphone as a TAP card.
- At a Metro Customer Center
- At a TAP vending machine located at all Metro rail, J Line (Silver) and G Line (Orange) stations
- Online at taptogo.net or by phone at 866.827.8646. Online and phone orders will be sent via mail.
Paying with TAP is easy
Once you get your card, you can load a pass or Stored Value (cash) to ride on Metro and 25-plus additional agencies throughout L.A. County.
To get onboard and on your way, tap your card at the farebox each time you board a bus or train, and the correct fare will be deducted. You can reload your TAP card using a credit/debit card, PayPal or PayNearMe for cash customers. You can reload your TAP card at a vendor location near you, on the bus or at a Metro station, at taptogo.net or on the TAP app.
Questions about TAP? Please visit taptogo.net or call us at 866.827.8646.