Metro is continuing to seek public feedback via a questionnaire to guide the Active Transportation Strategic Plan (ATSP) Update. We want to hear about what is important to you as you walk, bike, and roll around LA County. The Active Transportation Strategic Plan Update Questionnaire will remain open until Monday, August 22nd. To take the questionnaire, please visit the questionnaire link.
By participating in the questionnaire, you will help us better understand what is most important to you when prioritizing bicycle and pedestrian projects. Participants have the opportunity to evaluate the following categories being considered for prioritizing projects:
- Equity: Serve communities with the highest needs that have historically lacked investments.
- Safety: Sever high-injury locations by creating low-stress, high-quality facilities for safe walking, biking, and rolling.
- Connectivity/Accessibility: Ensure that future active transportation projects connect to transit, job centers and the parks.
- Sustainability: Address climate change by improving active transportation options and transit access for the most polluted communities.
- Feasibility: Advance pedestrian and biking projects that are ready to build.
- Community Support: Implement pedestrian and biking projects that are supported by local community members
Ultimately, the questionnaire will help inform aspects of the Active Transportation Strategic Plan Update. The ATSP Update will serve as a guiding document for agencies and partners to advance active transportation across LA County.
Save the date for our next community briefing
Our next round of community meetings will be held in October. The project team will present the proposed networks and we look forward to getting your feedback. The meetings will be held virtually, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our e-mailing list and to receive project updates.
Tuesday, October 11, 3:30pm – 5pm.
Wednesday, October 12, 3:30pm – 5pm.
Thursday, October 13, 11:30am – 1pm.
New to the ATSP Update?
Metro has a plan to make it easier to get around, which includes advancing active transportation to provide more travel options throughout LA County. First adopted in 2016, the Active Transportation Strategic Plan lays out a vision for regional bikeways and first/last mile connectivity for all who live, work, and play in LA County. Metro initiated the ATSP Update effort to measure progress since the initial plan and renew its goals and objectives.
What Is Active Transportation?
Active transportation refers to human-powered methods of travel, such as walking, biking, and rolling to get from one place to another. The benefits of active transportation include improved health, safety, air quality and economic activity.
What Is Being Studied?
- Recent progress in countywide active transportation and active transportation policies throughout the region
- A refined countywide active transportation network, including regional bikeway corridors, pedestrian zones, and first/last mile connectivity to public transit
- Implementation strategies for equitable, safe, and connected active transportation
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 213.922.4005.
Please email us if you would like to be added to the email distribution list and stay informed of the ATSP Update process.
Categories: Transportation News