The C Line (Green) Extension to Torrance project is hosting community open-house meetings and a virtual meeting this month to provide an update on the project. The project is studying potential light rail route options between the existing Redondo Beach Station and the under-construction Torrance Transit Center. The Project would be 4.5 miles and provide two new stations. This extension will provide alternatives to congestion along the busy I-405 corridor and also more transit options in this region by connecting to the existing Metro Rail A (Blue) and future K (Crenshaw/LAX) Lines.
The project works to improve the customer experience and aims to:
- Improve mobility in the South Bay by introducing frequent, reliable transit service to meet growing transportation needs.
- Enhance the regional transit network by providing more direct connections from South Bay to regional destinations, including LAX, future Inglewood Clippers Arena and Hollywood Park Stadium, West Los Angeles and Downtown Los Angeles.
- Provide more direct connections from the South Bay to regional destinations.
- Provide an alternative mode of transportation for commuters currently using congested arterials and I-405 in the project study area
- Improve transit accessibility for South Bay community residents.
- Reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions by making transit a more viable transportation choice.
The Project will help advance Metro’s implementation of the equity platform that addresses the growing need for better access to public transit for disadvantaged communities, students, transit enthusiasts, seniors, special needs, among others.
Metro invites you to visit our online interactive StoryMap to learn more about the project and explore the information on your own time.
The community open house meetings will give you an opportunity to:
> Learn more about the project
> Explore project visuals to provide input on proposed design options
> Ask questions directly with project team members
City of Redondo Beach
Thursday, August 11, 6–8pm
Adams Middle School, Gym
2600 Ripley Av
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Monday, August 15, 11am–1pm
To join visit: bit.ly/cletmtg
Phone: 877 853 5247 (toll free)
Meeting ID: 884 3340 6820
City of Torrance
Tuesday, August 16, 6–8pm
Torrance Cultural Arts Center
Toyota Meeting Hall
3330 Civic Center Dr
Torrance, CA 90503
City of Lawndale
Wednesday, August 17, 6:30–8:30pm
Leuzinger High School, Gym
4118 W Rosecrans Av
Lawndale, CA 90260
All Metro meetings are accessible to persons with disabilities. Spanish translation will be provided. Other ADA accommodations and translations are available by calling 213.418.3082 at least 72 hours in advance.
For more information or to share your feedback, please visit the project website at metro.com/clineext, call 213.922.40042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories: Transportation News