Metro’s next Bus Operator Hiring Event is Saturday, June 25, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at our Division 9 bus facility, located at 3449 Santa Anita Avenue in El Monte. Our bus operator positions are good jobs that can lead to great careers.
What we offer:
· Salary: All Part-time Operators have a start rate $20.49/hr. Top rate is $27.31/hr after 42 months. Weekly work hours can average up to 35 hours. There’s also a $3,000 sign-on bonus being offered: $1,500 on passing the probation period and $1,500 on one-year anniversary of hire date.
· Medical, dental and vision plans
· Paid time off/vacation
· Retirement plan options
· Free Metro transit pass
· Paid trainings and tuition reimbursement
What you need to qualify:
· 21+ years of age
· Good driving record (DMV K-4 printout)
· California Class C drivers license
· Six months minimum of customer service experience
More details on salary, hours, qualifications, duties and benefits are on the Metro career page. And please take a couple minutes to watch the video below — with some of our veteran bus operators sharing some words of wisdom.