The June Service Council meetings continue to be held virtually due to the COVID-19 Safer at Home orders.
This month, all Council meetings will hear about the Bicycle Parking Update, an overview on the June bus service changes in their region, and their usual regional updates.
Each Council will also approve their Annual Work Plan. San Gabriel Valley and Gateway Cities will hear about Montebello Transit’s Comprehensive Operations Analysis Overview. San Fernando Valley will also hear about the I-405 Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan Overview. Last but not least, all Councils will recognize the service of those members whose terms end on June 30.
Here are the dates and times for upcoming Service Council meetings with links to a listing of the current members and a maps of each region:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, June 1, 6:30 p.m.
- Westside Central: Wednesday, June 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, June 9, 2:00 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Friday, June 10, 9:30 a.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, June 13, 5:00 p.m.
This Thursday, June 2, the Service Councils will host a Meet & Confer with Metro CEO Stephanie Wiggins starting at 3 p.m. These meetings provide an opportunity for Councilmembers to share their concerns with her and to get updates on topics that affect the entire LA Metro Region. At Thursday’s meeting, that includes a presentation on Metro’s partnership with Transit app and an update on Bus and Rail prediction accuracy and arrival information. You can join us for both meetings as follows:
Agendas & Link to Watch Online: Agendas are always posted here at least 3 days in advance; link to stream appears under Upcoming Events when the meeting begins
Listen By Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3462108#
Listen & Comment by Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3756328# during the agenda item you want to comment on. Callers are announced by the last four numbers of their phone number and given two minutes to comment.
In case of an audio or video stream outage during a Service Council meeting, email email@example.com or text 213.598.9715 so that staff can work to resolve the issue.
To submit comments to the Service Councils, you can also:
- Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links in the agendas posted online by clicking on “comment” for the item you’d like to comment on. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
- Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
To be added to any of the Service Council’s email lists, send an email to email@example.com and specify which Council you’re interested in. You’ll receive meeting reminders with links to the agendas and presentations.
Categories: Policy & Funding