On Tuesday, April 26, Metro’s Service Councils will host the second of two FY23 (July 1, 2022 – June 30-2023) Budget Forums starting at 6:30 p.m.
Metro’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) will share the agency’s draft FY23 budget, discuss how the outreach process has influenced the Customer Experience projects for FY23, and the public feedback Metro has received so far through the FY23 budget’s public engagement process.
This event provides an opportunity you to share your comments and questions about Metro’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year. You can submit comments online or by calling in during the event:
- Link to Agenda & presentation: metro.net/about/board/agenda
- Comment Online: Submit your eComment to be read during the briefing here
- Listen By Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3462108# (English) or 4127050# (Spanish)
- Listen and Comment by Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3756328# (English) or 4127057# (Spanish). Callers will be announced by the last four numbers of their phone number and given two minutes to comment.
Metro will accept comments on the FY23 Budget through midnight, May 17. You can also submit comments via the following methods:
- Via the online comment form at metrobudget.net;
- Via email: email@example.com
- By postal mail: LA County Metro, One Gateway Plaza, MS: 99-3-1, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2932
Additional opportunities to learn more about the budget process, ask questions, and share your thoughts are also planned. On Wednesday, May 18, 2022, the FY23 Budget Public Hearing will be held in the Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee at 1:30pm. Details on how to participate in all of these events will be posted at metrobudget.net.
Then, final budget adoption will take place at the Metro Board meeting on May 26. The agendas for the Committee meeting and Board meeting will be posted a boardagendas.metro.net at least 72 hours in advance. More information about Metro’s FY23 Budget and process is available at metrobudget.net.