At 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 3, Metro’s Service Councils will host a Budget Forum in which Metro’s budget team will explain our annual budget process and share the revenue assumptions that Metro will use to put together the budget for Fiscal Year 2023 (which runs from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023).
We’ll also share information about the public engagement process.
The public is welcome to call into the forum! You can submit comments online or by calling in during the event. To join the forum:
- Link to Agenda & presentation: metro.net/about/board/agenda
- Comment Online: Submit your eComment to be read during the briefing here
- Listen By Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3462108# (English) or 4127050# (Spanish)
- Listen and Comment by Phone: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter 3756328# (English) or 4127057# (Spanish). Callers will be announced by the last four numbers of their phone number and given two minutes to comment.
Metro will accept comments on the FY23 Budget through midnight, May 17. You can also submit comments via the following methods:
- Via the online comment form at metrobudget.net
- Via email: email@example.com
- By postal mail: LA County Metro
One Gateway Plaza, MS: 99-3-1, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2932
Additional opportunities to learn more about the budget process, ask questions, and share your thoughts are also being planned.
On March 29, Metro CEO Stephanie Wiggins will host the annual Budget Telephone Town Hall; we’ll provide info how to participate later this month.
Then on Tuesday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m., Metro’s budget team will again join the Service Councils again, this time to share responses to the public feedback they’re received and present the proposed FY23 budget.
The final budget for public review will be released in early May and will be available online — keep an eye on The Source for details. On Wednesday, May 18, 2022, the FY23 Budget Public Hearing will be held in the Metro Board of Directors’ Finance, Budget, and Audit Committee at 1:30 p.m. Details on how to participate in all of these events will be posted at metrobudget.net.
The Metro Board is scheduled to vote on the budget at their meeting on May 26. The agendas for the Committee meeting and Board meeting will be posted a boardagendas.metro.net at least 72 hours in advance. More information about Metro’s FY23 Budget and process is available at metrobudget.net.
Categories: Policy & Funding