If you have recently purchased the new iPhone 13, be sure to transfer your virtual TAP card to your new phone so you can keep using it as a safe, contactless way to ride bus and rail. Follow the steps below to transfer your virtual TAP card from your old iPhone to your new phone.
· On your old iPhone, go to Apple Wallet and select the TAP card you wish to transfer to another phone.
· Press the “…” (“more” icon), scroll down and select “Remove This Card.”
· On your new iPhone, open Apple Wallet and select the “+” icon on the top right corner of your screen.
· Select “Previous Cards” to view your previously added TAP cards (Note: It may take up to 30 seconds for all of your cards to appear.)
· Select the TAP card you would like to transfer.
· Select “Next” to add your TAP card to your new iPhone and follow the prompts to set it up in Wallet.
Categories: Policy & Funding, Projects, Technology
I want to try this, but I don’t like how it says if I activate my TAP card on here, it will make the actual card useless. I like having the option of using both the card and my phone specially when based on convenience since I don’t like having my phone out while I’m waiting for the bus to pass by.
The problem with that is. . . That is the way this was designed by Apple. The main issue being that in the event the physical card was stolen, it will remain useless. Unlike credit card/debit cards where Apple Pay uses “device account number” rather than your actual card number in the event the card is lost or stolen so it could still technically be used while waiting for another card in the mail, this isn’t the case with transit cards where unfortunately the actual number has to be used.
I don’t like it either but it’s the security for some people that is more important, which is the case for Apple.
Is this available on Android?
At this time TAP is not available for Android versions of wallet. However you can download the TAP app on Android devices and manage your cards, passes and use it for contactless payment at turnstiles and validators.
Writer, The Source
[…] On your new iPhone, open Apple Wallet and select the ?+? icon on the top right corner of your screen. · Select ?Previous Cards? to view your …View full source […]
My question why can’t I use the PCC U-Pass Tap sticker and transfer it to my iPhone as I am already using my phone to TAP? Every time I type in the number it says “already activated.”
We recommend emailing CustomerService@taptogo.net and staff will be able to follow up with your account.
Writer, The Source