Metro is creating its first Youth Council with the goal of developing the capacity of young people to engage with and participate in Metro’s plans, projects, programs and initiatives. Become a transportation leader in your community!
The Youth Council is built upon these objectives:
- Listen to the concerns and hopes of young people and future riders
- Receive new ideas and perspectives about issues Metro may face
- Engage future community leaders and increase youth’s awareness of Metro
- Provide space for youth leaders to share their voices in transportation decision-making
- Create life-long riders
Requirements for Consideration
- Live in Los Angeles County and be between 14-17 years old
- Have the time to commit to a 1-year term and complete an “Introduction to Metro” training
- Must have a willingness to learn and participate in monthly meetings (in person and/or virtually)
- Motivated to conduct public outreach to engage other fellow youth
- Participate in meaningful dialogue with Metro’s leadership on projects, programs and initiatives
- Civic Engagement and Leadership Development
- Letter of Recommendation
- Attend/Participate in Metro events/activities (where possible)
- End of Year Stipend
If you or someone you know is interested, apply here!
Metro is also hosting virtual informational sessions for youth to learn more about Metro Youth Council. The sessions will take place via Zoom.
Categories: Transportation News