You may have noticed that Metro advisory body agendas and meeting notices have language that looks something like this:
ADA and Title VI Requirements: Upon request, sign language interpretation, materials in alternative formats and other accommodations are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events.
Limited English Proficiency: Upon request, interpreters are available to the public for Metro sponsored meetings and events. Agendas and minutes will also be made available in other languages upon request.
All requests for reasonable accommodations, interpretation services and materials in other languages must be made at least three working days (72 hours) in advance of the scheduled meeting date. Please submit requests by calling (213) 922-4600 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our TDD line is (800) 252-9040. Individuals with hearing or speech impairment may use California Relay Service 711 + Metro phone number.
What does all of this it mean? If you or someone you know wants to attend a Metro meeting (even virtual ones), but needs translation, large print materials, or sign language interpretation to be able to participate, you can call and Metro will arrange those things so that you can more easily participate. You do need to call at least three business days in advance of the event, and earlier is always better, so that staff has time to arrange for translators to attend the event or to format materials. It’s as simple as calling (213) 922-4600 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can also leave a message at that number. Our TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf) line is (800) 252-9040.
This month, each Service Council will hear about the creation of Metro’s first Youth Council. They’ll also review the September bus service change process and a roundup of regional items of interest.
The San Fernando Valley and South Bay Service Councils will also welcome new members, and the San Gabriel Valley Service Council will receive an update on the NoHo to Pasadena BRT Project.
Please note that the South Bay Cities meeting is not being held on the usual Friday morning date, but will be held on Thursday, October 7 at 4:30 p.m. Send us an email and let us know if this rescheduled time makes it easier for you to listen or participate. October meetings in order of occurrence:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, October 6, 6:30 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Thursday, October 7, 4:30 p.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, October 11, 5 p.m.
- Westside Central: Wednesday, October 13, 6 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, October 14, 2 p.m.
With Governor Newsome’s signing of AB361, Service Council meetings can continue to be held virtually for the time being. With that, the Service Councils would like to know: What would encourage you or make it easier for you to attend a Service Council meeting? What are the most convenient times for you to attend Metro meetings and events? Do you think the meetings should provide a virtual option to the public once in-person meetings resume? Let us know your thoughts, as the Service Councils will be discussing these topics in upcoming months.
Service Council meeting agendas are posted here at least 3 days before the meeting, with links to the presentations and to submit comments to be read during the meeting, as well as information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Listen and comment by phone during the meeting: Dial 877.422.8614 and enter Meeting Extension 3756328#. Callers will be announced by the last four numbers of their phone number, then given two minutes to comment at the conclusion of each agenda item’s presentation.
· Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to email@example.com with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
Categories: Transportation News