As part of the service changes taking effect on Sunday, Sept. 12, Metro Micro will also begin service in a new zone, the Northwest San Fernando Valley.
Hours of operation will be 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily Rides are $1 and can be booked using the Metro Micro app (available in the Apple Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android phones), online at book.metro-micro.net or by calling 323.GOMETRO.
The Transit app — Metro’s official app — also shows where Metro Micro service is available.
If you’re new to Metro Micro, the service is for short local trips and uses small vehicles (seating up to 10 passengers). Micro is part of Metro’s family of services and has been designed to complement our bus and rail system. The service is meant to be a fast, safe and convenient option for quick trips around each of the eight service zones.
Here are the other six Metro Micro service zones:
- Highland Park/Eagle Rock/Glendale Micro Zone: 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., seven days a week
- Altadena/Pasadena/Sierra Madre Micro Zone: 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., seven days a week
- Watts/Compton Micro Zone: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m., seven days a week
- El Monte Micro Zone: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- North Hollywood/Burbank Micro Zone: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., seven days a week
- LAX/Inglewood Micro Zone: 5 a.m. – 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
And here’s a video that shows how to ride: