This month, each Service Councils will hear an update on the Customer Experience Program and be asked to provide feedback on the FY22 Plan. They’ll also receive an update on the NextGen Bus Plan changes that are being implemented in a special service change this month. The Westside Central Service Council will also get an overview of the Grand Avenue and Olive Street Bus Priority Lanes Project. Last but not least, each region will hear a report on service performance, and a roundup of regional items of interest will be shared.
Please note that the South Bay Cities meeting is not being held on the usual Friday morning date, but will be held on Thursday, September 2 at 4:30 p.m. Send us an email and let us know if this rescheduled time makes it easier for you to listen or participate. September meetings in order of occurrence:
· San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, Sept. 1, 6:30 p.m.
· South Bay Cities: Thursday, Sept. 2, 4:30 p.m.
· Westside Central: Wednesday, Sept. 8, 6 p.m.
· Gateway Cities: Thursday, Sept. 9, 2 p.m.
· San Gabriel Valley: Monday, Sept. 13, 5 p.m.
All of the September Service Council meetings will be held virtually as we wait to see if the State of California Executive Order that allows virtual meetings will be extended to let them continue. With that, the Service Councils would like to know: What would encourage you to attend, or make it easier for you to attend a Service Council meeting? Do you think the meetings should continue to provide a virtual option to the public once in-person meetings resume? Let us know your thoughts, as the Service Councils will be discussing these topics in upcoming months.
You may have noticed that Metro’s website looks a little different. Things were moved around a little, so Service Council meeting agendas will now be found here at least 3 days before the meeting, with links to the presentations and to submit comments to be read during the meeting, as well as information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Send an email to email@example.com. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
Categories: Transportation News