For July, each of the Service Councils will have an opportunity to provide input on the development of Metro’s Street Safety Policy. They’ll also receive their quarterly Station Evaluation Program update.
A reminder: riders (and the public in general) are encouraged to notify Metro when they see items needing attention at stations and on Metro property; items can be reported by emailing CustomerRelations@metro.net or calling 323.GOMETRO, sending us a message on Twitter @metrolosangeles, or even by sending us a photo and information through the Metro Transit Watch app.
Gateway Cities, South Bay Cities, and Westside Central Service Councils will also welcome new members who will be sworn in at the beginning of the meeting. Last but not least, as at all Council meetings, a roundup of regional items of interest will be shared.
July meetings in order of occurrence:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, July 7, 6:30 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, July 8, 2 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Friday, July 9, 9:30 a.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, July 12, 5 p.m.
- Westside Central: Wednesday, July 14, 6 p.m.
The Service Councils provide a community forum to discuss all things Metro. If you’ve never attended one of their meetings, members of the public get twice as much time to comment as they do at the Board meetings. And, Metro staff is able to respond to service-related comments as they are received, or can follow up with the member of the public after the meeting if more information is needed.
Service Council meeting agendas are always posted here at least 3 days before the meeting, with links to the presentations and to submit comments to be read during the meeting, as well as information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Send an email to email@example.com. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
Categories: Transportation News