This month, all of the Service Councils will hear an overview of the FY22 NextGen Service, Speed, and Reliability Plan to implement infrastructure to help speed up the system; the Better Bus Initiative, and an update on the System Security & Law Enforcement’s Winter 2021 Systemwide Homeless Count.
At all Council meetings, a roundup of regional items of interest is shared. This month’s items include more information on the service frequencies being implemented with the June 27 service change. If you have questions regarding the upcoming changes, the Service Council meetings are a great place to get your questions answered. More information on how to submit your questions and comments further below.
June meetings to be held as follows, in order of occurrence:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, June 2, 6:30 p.m. (Sorry we only got to posting after this one took place, the meeting recording will be posted here)
- Westside Central: Wednesday, June 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, June 10, 2:00 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Friday, June 11, 9:30 a.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, June 14, 5:00 p.m.
One of the primary purposes of the Service Councils is to provide a community forum to discuss all things Metro. If you’ve never attended a Service Council meeting, members of the public get twice as much time to comment on items as they do at the Board meetings. And, Metro staff usually responds to the public comments as they are received, or can follow up with the member of the public after the meeting if more information is needed.
Service Council meeting agendas are always posted here at least 3 days before the meeting, with links to the presentations and to submit comments to be read during the meeting, as well as information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Send an email to email@example.com. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.