This month, the Service Councils will take a little time to catch up with some of the projects in their regions. The San Fernando and San Gabriel Valley Councils will get a NoHo to Pasadena update, while the Gateway Cities and South Bay Councils will receive an in-depth look at the Willowbrook/Rosa Parks Station Improvement Project. Last but not least, the Westside Central Service Council will take an in-depth look at the construction progress on the Purple (D Line) Extension Sections 1 and 2. As at all Council meetings, a roundup of regional items of interest will also be shared at each of the meetings.
April meetings to be held as follows, in order of occurrence:
· San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, April 7, 6:30 p.m.
· Gateway Cities: Thursday, April 8, 2 p.m.
· South Bay Cities: Friday, April 9, 9:30 a.m.
· San Gabriel Valley: Monday, April 12, 5 p.m.
· Westside Central: Wednesday, April 14, 6 p.m.
Service Council meeting agendas are always posted here at least 3 days before the meeting, with links to the presentations and to submit comments to be read during the meeting, as well as information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
One of the primary purposes of the Service Councils is to provide a community forum to discuss all things Metro. If you’ve never attended a Service Council meeting, members of the public get twice as much time to comment on items as they do at the Board meetings. And, Metro staff usually responds to the public comments as they are received, or can follow up with the member of the public after the meeting if more information is needed.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
- Regional Service Councils One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1 Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to email@example.com with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
Categories: Transportation News