This month, all Service Councils will get an overview of the Fareless System Initiative, an update on the On the Move Riders Clubs (Metro’s travel buddy clubs for older adults), and an overview of Metro’s FY22 Service Restoration Program Parameters, which outlines how Metro plans restore bus and rail service hours to pre-pandemic levels. Last but not least, all Council meetings end with regional updates about projects, programs, and events in their area. There is one additional item at this month’s Westside Central meeting: an update on the plan to install bus lanes on Alvarado Street.
Dates and times for the March meetings to be held as follows, in order of occurrence:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, March 3, 6:30 p.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, March 8, 5 p.m.
- Westside Central: Wednesday, March 10, 6 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, March 11, 2 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Friday, March 12, 9:30 a.m.
One of the primary purposes of the Service Councils is to provide a community forum to discuss all things Metro. If you’ve never attended a Service Council meeting, members of the public get twice as much time to comment on items as they do at the Board meetings. And, Metro staff usually responds to the public comments as they are received, or can follow up with the member of the public after the meeting if more information is needed.
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
- Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
- Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
- Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Regional Service Councils
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Service Council meeting agendas are always posted here at least 3 days before the meeting if not sooner, with links to submit comments that will be read during the meeting, and information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to email@example.com with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
A reminder for those considering joining a Service Council themselves, the Gateway Cities Council of Governments is seeking applications for a new member to serve for the upcoming term – deadline to apply is Friday, March 26. The South Bay Cities Council of Governments is also accepting nominations for members; their deadline is Thursday, March 25. More information available here.
Categories: Transportation News