Are you an avid user of public transit? Do you feel called to public service? The Gateway Cities Council of Governments (COG) is seeking applicants to serve during the July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2024 term on the Metro Gateway Cities Service Council. This Council helps oversee Metro bus services in Southeast Los Angeles County.
Metro’s Service Councils are responsible for:
- Contributing to the conceptual planning of bus transit route service changes within their area; reviewing all proposed major bus service changes
- Calling and conducting public hearings for all major bus service changes within their area
- Providing locally accessible public forums (monthly meetings, public hearings) for transit users and other interested parties to voice concerns and provide suggestions, questions and input on how Metro can best serve its customers
- Facilitating partnerships with municipal and local transit service providers to promote a shared vision to improve service integration and coordination, resulting in more efficient service and better use of resources
To be eligible to serve, applicants must:
- Live and/or work in the Gateway Cities service area
- Use transit multiple times each month
- Be able to attend one Council meeting each month, and a limited number of special meetings as needed. Meetings are currently being held virtually on the second Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. and have a duration of approximately 1 and a half to 2 hours
- Not be an employee of or consultant for Metro
- Council Members receive a $100 stipend per meeting (up to two meetings per month) and a Metro badge good for unlimited use of the Metro Bus and Rail system.
To apply, submit an application to the Gateway Cities COG by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 26, 2021. Applications can be submitted via mail, fax, and email as follows:
- Gateway Cities Council of Governments
16401 Paramount Boulevard
Paramount, CA 90723
- Fax 562-634-8216
- Email Genny Cisneros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the COG at 562.663.6850 with any questions regarding their selection process or to request an application. Questions regarding Metro’s Service Councils or the appointment process can be emailed to email@example.com.
Categories: Transportation News