This January, all Service Councils will receive an overview of the recently adopted Customer Experience Plan, a quarterly update on Metro’s Station Evaluation Program, and a regional updates report.
A couple of additional items that may be of interest to Gateway Cities and South Bay stakeholders: the Gateway Cities Service Council will also receive an update on the Goods Movement Strategic Plan, which is Metro’s response to the many freight-related challenges we face as a region, such as the impacts of trucks serving non-industrial locations along the County’s arterial and local street networks. The South Bay Service Council will receive an update on the C Line (Green) extension to Torrance project.
All of the Councils return to their regular dates and times for this month’s meetings:
· San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, Jan. 6, 6:30 p.m.
· South Bay Cities: Friday, Jan. 8, 9:30 a.m.
· San Gabriel Valley: Monday, Jan. 11, 5 p.m.
· Westside Central: Wednesday, Jan. 13, 6 p.m.
· Gateway Cities: Thursday, Jan. 14, 2 p.m.
For the January meetings, find the agendas posted here at least 3 days before the meeting if not sooner, with links to submit comments that will be read during the meeting, and information on how to call and comment by phone during the meeting. A link to stream the meeting goes live here when each meeting starts.
We have noticed that some of the virtual Service Council meetings seem to have better online and phone attendance and receive more online public comments than when meetings were held on site and comments were made in person. As virtual meetings are planned for the foreseeable future, we would like to ask your thoughts about the virtual meeting format – has it made it easier or more likely for you to participate?
To submit public comments to the Service Councils, you can:
· Submit an online comment before or during the meeting through the links on the agendas posted here. Click on “comment” for the item you’d like to submit remarks for. This feature remains active throughout the meeting.
· Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council and agenda item number your comments are for.
· Mail your comments, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Online comments are accepted throughout the meetings. Email and mail comments must be received by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting to be read into the public record during the meeting.
Want to receive links to the agendas when they’re posted? Send an email to email@example.com with the Council you’re interested in receiving agendas for.
Categories: Transportation News