One of the most important things you can do to participate in government is to vote! And we’re here to try to make it as easy as possible for you to cast a ballot.
All registered voters in California will be receiving a ballot in the mail this year due to the ongoing pandemic. You can return your completed ballot by mail or take your ballot to drop-off boxes that have been installed at the following Metro stations. This will make it easy to drop off your ballot while commuting and it’s a good way to ensure your vote arrives on time.
Locations of drop off boxes on the Metro system are:
- El Monte Bus Station (also a voting center beginning Oct. 24)
- Union Station (also a voting center beginning Oct. 24)
- North Hollywood Station
- 7th St/Metro Center
- B Line (Red) Hollywood/Western
- B Line (Red) Vermont/Santa Monica
- B Line/D Line Wilshire/Vermont
- E Line (Expo) Expo/Vermont
- E Line (Expo) La Cienega/Jefferson
- E Line (Expo) Downtown Santa Monica
- A Line (Blue) Willow Station
- A Line/C Line Willowbrook/Rosa Parks
- C Line (Green) Aviation/LAX
- C Line (Green) Norwalk Station
- C Line/J Line Harbor Freeway Station
- Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- G Line (Orange) Sepulveda Station
- L Line (Gold) Mariachi Plaza Station
- L Line (Gold) Sierra Madre Villa Station
If you prefer voting in person, the following voting centers are transit accessible, and Metro will also be offering free rides on bus, rail and Metro Bike Share on Election Day, Nov. 3. Be safe while voting and make sure to wear a face covering, and maintain physical distance from others if there is a line.
- STAPLES Center (exit A/E Line Pico Station or walk from 7th St/Metro Center)
- Banc of California Stadium (exit E Line Expo Park/USC Station)
- Galen Center (exit E Line Jefferson/USC Station)
To redeem your free Metro Bike Share ride on Election Day, select 1-Ride at any Metro Bike Share kiosk, online or in the Metro Bike Share app. No promo code necessary. A credit or debit card is required. Temporary authorization holds may apply. Rides longer than 30 minutes are just $1.75 for each additional half hour. Electric Metro Bike unlocking fees are waived. This offer is valid on November 3, 2020 only.
Categories: Go Metro