Metro Bike Share is offering FREE 30-Day Passes to essential workers throughout Los Angeles County through the month of July. Eligible workers can apply for a 30-Day Metro Bike Share Pass from July 1 through July 30, 2020, which will give them access to unlimited 30-minute Metro Bike Share rides and FREE Electric Metro Bike unlocking fees for one month.
Sign up for the Essential Workers Program today! Click here to enroll. If you are a current Metro Bike Share passholder and are eligible for the Essential Workers Program, please reach out to email@example.com to enroll.
Eligible Bike Share for Business pass holders can redeem this free pass by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A credit or debit card is required to apply. With all promotions and passes, usage fees apply after the first 30 minutes of using Metro Bike Share. To avoid these fees, users should dock their bike and start a new trip every 30 minutes. Unlocking fees for electric bikes will be waived during each of the promotional periods for 30-minute rides and the 24-Hour Access Pass only. Smart bike convenience fees are still applicable. Offer valid through July 31, 2020. The free 30-Day Pass is effective starting on your sign-up date, and the pass does not auto-renew.
To further reduce touchpoints and help make using Metro Bike Share safer, we’re also making contactless payment and mobile unlocking features available via the updated Metro Bike Share app! Riders can now purchase Metro Bike Share passes, find bike share stations, manage their account and unlock Metro Bikes across LA County with ONE app on your smartphone.
Want to give the mobile unlock feature a spin?
- Download the Metro Bike Share app available for Apple and Android.
- Create a Metro Bike Share account or log in to your existing account.
- Select the “Stations” tab to see nearby stations on the map.
- Tap a nearby station to unlock an available bike.
You’ll have 30 seconds to retrieve the selected bike. And then adjust your saddle height, fasten your helmet straps and enjoy your ride! Remember to always properly and securely return your Metro Bike at the end of your trip.
- We recommend using sanitizing wipes to clean the bike before and after riding and washing your hands after a ride.
- Maintain social distance from others when riding or accessing a Metro Bike.
- Wear a face covering whenever social distancing is not possible.