The April Regional Service Councils meetings were postponed out of consideration for the period of adjustment to COVID-19 pandemic, but will resume in May. To comply with local and state directives limiting the number of people that can gather, the meetings will be held virtually. If you’ve ever wondered what a Service Council meeting is like, or wanted to attend but it wasn’t convenient for your schedule, all of the meetings will be accessible via video stream or by phone.
Regional Service Council meetings will be held on the following dates:
- San Fernando Valley: Wednesday, May 6, 6:30 p.m.
- South Bay Cities: Friday, May 8, 10:30 a.m.
- San Gabriel Valley: Monday, May 11, 5:00 p.m.
- Westside Central: Wednesday, May 13, 6:00 p.m.
- Gateway Cities: Thursday, May 14, 2:00 p.m.
This month, all Councils will receive the quarterly Station Evaluation Program report, an update on Metro’s COVID-19 response, and their quarterly performance reports, which include items of interest to their respective regions.
All Regional Service Council agendas are posted at metro.net/about/about-metro/advisory-meetings/ at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. The link to stream each meeting and the phone number and code to call to listen will be listed at the top of each agenda. Each agenda also contains links to the meeting’s presentation materials, though sometimes the presentation links may take a little longer to post.
To submit public comments on specific agenda items, choose one of the following:
- Comment on individual agenda items before or during the meeting through the links on the agenda at metro.net/about/about-metro/advisory-meetings/. This feature will remain activate for the duration of the meeting.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which Service Council meeting and agenda item number your comments are for.
- Send physical mail, noting the Service Council and agenda item number to:
Regional Service Councils
One Gateway Plaza MS: 99-7-1
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For those of you who don’t know what the Councils are or how they relate to Metro, the Regional Service Councils are Metro’s community-based councils that:
- Provide opportunities to offer direct input into service issues in your community
- Evaluate local service to understand riders’ needs and recommend responses
- Advise on planning and implementation of service within the region
The Service Councils will also be responsible for convening the NextGen Bus Plan public hearings and voting on whether to approve the final NextGen Bus Plan service proposals.