Are you an avid user of public transit? Do you feel called to public service? The South Bay Cities Council of Governments (COG) is seeking applicants to nominate to serve during the July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2023 term on the Metro South Bay Cities Service Council. The COG serves as the nominating authority for the South Bay Cities Service Council.
Metro’s Service Councils are responsible for:
- contributing to the conceptual planning of bus transit route service changes within their area; reviewing all proposed major bus service changes
- calling and conducting public hearings for all major bus service changes within their area
- providing locally accessible public forums (monthly meetings, public hearings) for transit users and other interested parties in to voice concerns, suggestions, questions and input on how Metro can best serve its customers
- facilitating partnerships with municipal and local transit service providers that promote a shared vision to improve service integration and coordination, resulting in more efficient service and better use of resources
To be eligible to serve, applicants must:
- live and/or work in the South Bay Cities service area
- use transit multiple times each month
- be able to attend one Council meeting each month, and a limited number of special meetings as needed. Meetings are usually held the 2nd Friday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at Lennox Library in Lennox and have a duration of approximately 2 hours
- Not be an employee of or consultant for Metro
Council Members receive a $100 stipend per meeting (up to two meetings per month) and a Metro badge good for unlimited use of the Metro Bus and Rail system.
For more information, contact David Leger at 310-371-7222 or email@example.com. To apply, submit a short biography and explanation as to why you should be selected by Friday, March 20, 2020 at 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories: Policy & Funding