This season we are sharing bike joy with free rides on Metro Bike Share from December 24 through January 1. Have a food coma from all the holiday posole and treats? Skip the gym and go solo or grab a friend to take as many free 30-minute rides as you would like during this promotion.
To check out a bike, simply walk up to any Metro Bike Share kiosk, insert your credit card (for identification purposes only, your account will not be charged during the promo period), follow the prompt on the screen, select your bike and start your ride. This promotion is only available for walk-up users at kiosks. E-bike users are still required to pay a $1 unlock fee and Smart Bike users will be charged for bikes left outside of stations. Metro Bike Share pass holders already enjoy the first 30 minutes of their rides for free.
We have been installing new stations as fast as we can this year, so check our map to see if there is a new one near you. Then grab your loved ones and enjoy the #SeasonOfSharing together with a ride on Metro Bikes! Follow us on Instagram for awesome season of sharing giveaways @bikemetro.
Need some inspiration? Here are some of our favorite places to ride:
- On the new Main Street Cycle Track in downtown L.A., take a pit stop at the Main & 1st station to see the holiday lights in Grand Park.
- For those riding in DTLA, the Olive & 5th station is near the Holiday Ice Rink in Pershing Square.
- Pick up a bike at Ocean Front Walk and ride along the Venice Beach bike path.
- Ride to 7th & Park View in Westlake and enjoy the street vendors at MacArthur Park.
- Grab a bike from any of the stations in Central L.A. and ride to the new Vermont & Exposition bike share station to visit all the great museums at Exposition Park.
- Get multimodal and ride to Echo Park from any station in Central L.A. and then hop on a paddle boat.
- Ride from any North Hollywood bike share station to get to Universal Studios. Maker sure to leave your bike at the Studio City station.
Happy Holidays from your friends at Metro Bike Share!
Categories: Go Metro