Weeknight rail service will be suspended between Anaheim St. and Pacific Ave. stations from Tuesday, Sept. 17 through Thursday, Oct. 3 as beautification work takes place in the Long Beach area.
The work will be conducted every Monday through Thursday from 9 p.m. until the end of service. During the closure, Anaheim St., 5th St., 1st St., Downtown Long Beach and Pacific Ave. stations will be closed.
Bus shuttles will replace Blue Line service between Anaheim St. and Pacific Ave. Regular rail service will continue between Anaheim St. and Compton.
The beautification work will include light pole painting, LED light replacement, fence installation work and installing new train detectors.
Bus shuttle stops will be located at the following locations:
- Anaheim Street Station: on Long Beach Blvd. at 12th St.
- 5th Street Station: on Long Beach Blvd. at 6th St.
- 1st Street Station: on Long Beach Blvd. at of 1st St.
- Downtown Long Beach Station: on 1St St. at Pacific Ave.
- Pacific Avenue Station: on Pacific Ave. at 5th St.
Finally, we realize this work can be an inconvenience and we want to thank you for your patience as Metro continues to upgrade the Blue Line.