DASH to class! L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti announced earlier this year that LADOT will be offering free DASH bus rides for all Los Angeles Unified School District and Los Angeles Community College District students during the upcoming 2018-19 school year, as well as all Student/College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP card holders.
Here’s how to hop on board:
- Apply for a Student or College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP card. You can submit an application online at taptogo.net/reduced_fare, mail in a print application to the TAP Reduced Fare Office or visit one of Metro’s four Customer Service Centers. Your Student or College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP card will be mailed to you.
- Copies of the print application will be distributed to LAUSD students during the first few weeks of school.
- If you already have a Student or College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP card, you can start riding for free at the beginning of the school year. No additional applications required!
- Metro K-12 30-Day Pass ($24)
- Metro K-12 single rides with Stored Value ($1)
- Metro College/Vocational 30-Day Pass ($43)
- U-Pass Semester Pass at participating schools (see school administrator for pass/pricing)
- Low Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) discount for eligible students
- Big Blue Bus Youth 30-Day Pass ($30)
- Culver CityBus K-12 single rides ($.75)
- Foothill Transit 31-Day Pass ($36)
- Glendale Beeline 31-Day Pass with student ID ($22)
- GTrans K-12 single rides ($.70)
- Long Beach Transit monthly pass ($40)
- Pasadena Transit K-12 single rides with ID ($.50)
- Montebello Bus
- Torrance Transit