From the return of an interactive poetry exchange to a community celebration in honor of the halfway construction completion milestone for the Purple Line Extension, here’s your guide to all the Metro Art events happening in June.
- Saturday, June 1: Art tour of Hollywood rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to North Hollywood Station (Red Line).
- Saturday, June 1: Join us for a special collaboration with Donna Sternberg & Dancers as a part of their ongoing “Transit Dances” program, from noon to 1 p.m. beginning at 26th St/Bergamot Station.
- Sunday, June 2: Join us for a free community celebration, featuring live music headlined by Dexter Story & Wondem and dance performances, artist activities, games, giveaways, food trucks and a family fun zone at La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, 5801 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Sunday, June 2: Art tour of downtown rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Saturday, June 8: Art tour of downtown rail stations (en Español) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, June 9: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, June 16: Join us as we welcome Daniel Rotem to Union Station’s North Patio from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. as the final part of a special partnership with the Los Angeles County Museum of Art celebrating artist Charles White. Listen Here.
- Sunday, June 22: Meet Metro artist Jasmine Delgado and receive a free signed copy of her Through the Eyes of Artists poster featuring Studio City from 1:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the Studio City Library, 12511 Moorpark St, Studio City, CA 91604.
- Friday, June 28: Enjoy an afternoon of interactive outdoor poetry during the return of “The Poet is In,” an interactive poetry exchange featuring twelve Los Angeles based poets who will collaborate with station visitors to create personalized poems in Union Station’s North Patio from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.