Celebrate California’s inaugural Arts, Culture and Creativity Month! From an all-female panel discussing the innovative ways Metro is promoting a gender-balanced workforce to a showcase featuring a medley of jazz artists, here’s your guide to all things Metro Art happening in April.
- Tuesday, April 2: In celebration of Charles White’s 101st birthday, join artist and son of Charles White, C. Ian White and Metro-commissioned artist Richard Wyatt, Jr. for a walkthrough of the Charles White: A Retrospective exhibition from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art–part of a special co-presentation with Metro Art and LACMA.
- Saturday, April 6: Art tour of Hollywood rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to North Hollywood Station (Red Line).
- Saturday, April 6: In celebration of Jazz Appreciation Month, Metro Art has partnered with KJazz to present Jazz Tracks at Union Station from 4 p.m. to 9 pm, an extraordinary evening of free live jazz showcasing the next generation of artists, headlined by acclaimed jazz trumpeter Christian Scott. Listen Here.
- Sunday, April 7: Art tour of downtown rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Tuesday April, 9: Artist Ja’Rie Gray will be recognized for her Metro “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster featuring South Gate during the South Gate City Council meeting. The meeting will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13: Art tour of Downtown rail stations (en Español) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, April 14: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Thursday, April 18: Join us for a conversation with, by and for women working in a range of transit professions, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Metro Headquarters Board Room at One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, 90012.
- Saturday, April 27: Meet Metro artist Christine Nguyen and receive a free signed copy of her “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster featuring Long Beach from 10 a.m. to noon during Beach Streets.
- Sunday, April 28: Meet Metro artist Ana Serrano and receive a free signed copy of her “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster featuring East Hollywood from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the 14th annual Thai New Year Festival. Details to come.
Call to Artists! We’re inviting artists to be considered for our “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster series. Applications must be completed online and fully submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on April 15, 2019. Click here to access online application system.