Metro and our partners at LADOT are currently working to expand Metro Bike Share to North Hollywood.
As an important part of the process, a list of potential Smart Metro Bike station locations has been developed for the public to consider. The list of potential locations is a refinement of suggested locations identified in a previously released public countywide crowdsourcing map.
How was it refined? By reviewing space available, access and convenience, safety, land use, destination travel patterns, and a Bike Share Suitability Index developed by an external consulting firm together with the City Council District, LADOT, and local stakeholders.
Now we want to hear from you again! Tell us what you like or dislike about these potential locations. This new map includes specific sites with pictures for reference. Comment and make suggestions about proposed locations by visiting the crowdsourcing map here. The map will be open for public input through early April 2019.
When evaluating potential locations please consider the following:
What are the space requirements for a bike share station?
Station size varies depending on anticipated demand, but the average station size is approximately 40 linear feet.
What are the station siting criteria?
- Connectivity – Connections to transit hubs and key destinations create a network.
- Space Availability – Wider sidewalks and underutilized on-street parking spaces can be great locations.
- Accessibility – Stations should be visible and easy to reach.
- Sun – Sunny spots are best since stations run on solar power.
- Demand and Support – Stations should be located where there is high demand.
Are these stations set in stone?
No. Station locations will be evaluated based on public feedback and other information as the program moves forward. Stations may be moved in the future.
Categories: Bike Share