We’re as excited as everyone else — two of baseball’s most storied franchises facing each other in the World Series for the first time since 1916. Games 3, 4 and 5 (if necessary) will be at Dodger Stadium Express and I doubt anyone wants to be sitting in traffic while baseball of such extreme consequence is being played.
The Dodger Stadium Express runs to the ballpark from Union Station and Harbor Gateway — and has its own lane on Sunset Boulevard, making for some pretty quick trips to the stadium. And this: the bus is free to those holding game tickets.
All the details on where to catch the bus are below and there’s even more info on the Dodger Stadium Express page on metro.net. Some Metro stations have free or paid parking — more info here. Parking at Union Station is $8 but tends to fill up quickly during the baseball post-season.
Metro’s system map is at the bottom of this post. Many bus lines serve Union Station and Harbor Gateway. Union Station is also easily reached via the Metro Red/Purple Line subway and the Gold Line from Azusa and East Los Angeles. All maps and timetables are here.
From Union Station:
Board near the passenger drop-off/valet area near the Mozaic Apts.
- Buses run every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before game time through the end of the 2nd inning for all home games.
- You can exit at one of two stops – behind Center Field or at the Top Deck. Service back to Union Station will pick up at the same stops after the game.
- Return service ends 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after post-game events.
From the South Bay:
- Board at any of the following stations: Slauson, Manchester, Harbor Freeway, Rosecrans, or Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Bay 9).
- Buses run every 20 minutes starting 2 hours before game time, with the last bus leaving Harbor Gateway Transit Center at game time.
- You’ll be dropped off behind Right Field. Service back to the South Bay will pick up at the same stop after the game.
- Return service begins after the end of the 7th inning, with the last bus departing 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after a post-game event.
Game Day Tips:
- Your Dodger ticket is good for the Dodger Stadium Express fare only*; regular Metro fares apply on all other connecting bus and rail service.
- Arrive early; crowds are heaviest near game time.
And finally, last year’s World Series DSE video…
Categories: Go Metro