The Dodgers have qualified for the 2018 playoffs and the Dodger Stadium Express will be running for every home playoff game — including a potential NL West tiebreaker game against the Rockies on Monday afternoon. We’ll know if that’s necessary later today.
The Dodger Stadium Express runs to the ballpark from Union Station and Harbor Gateway. It’s free to those holding game tickets. Details are below and there’s more info on the Dodger Stadium Express page on metro.net. Some Metro stations have free or paid parking — more info here. Parking at Union Station is $8 but tends to fill up quickly during the baseball playoffs.
Metro’s system map is at the bottom of this post. Many bus lines serve Union Station and Harbor Gateway and Union Station is also easily reached on the Metro Red/Purple Line subway and the Gold Line from Azusa and East Los Angeles. All maps and timetables are here.
From Union Station:
Board near the passenger drop-off/valet area near the Mozaic Apts.
- Buses run every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before game time through the end of the 2nd inning for all home games.
- You can exit at one of two stops – behind Center Field or at the Top Deck. Service back to Union Station will pick up at the same stops after the game.
- Return service ends 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after post-game events.
From the South Bay:
- Board at any of the following stations: Slauson, Manchester, Harbor Freeway, Rosecrans, or Harbor Gateway Transit Center (Bay 9).
- Buses run every 20 minutes starting 2 hours before game time, with the last bus leaving Harbor Gateway Transit Center at game time.
- You’ll be dropped off behind Right Field. Service back to the South Bay will pick up at the same stop after the game.
- Return service begins after the end of the 7th inning, with the last bus departing 45 minutes after the final out or 20 minutes after a post-game event.
Game Day Tips:
- Your Dodger ticket is good for the Dodger Stadium Express fare only*; regular Metro fares apply on all other connecting bus and rail service.
- Arrive early; crowds are heaviest near game time.
Categories: Go Metro