Are you an avid user of public transit? Do you feel called to public service? The Gateway Cities Council of Governments (COG) is seeking applicants to nominate to fill an upcoming vacancy on the Metro Gateway Cities Service Council. The term of the soon-to-be-vacant seat concludes on June 30, 2021. The COG serves as the nominating authority for the Gateway Cities Service Council.
Metro’s Service Councils and staff supporting them are responsible for:
- Contributing to the planning and approving implementation of bus transit route service changes within their area; approving all proposed permanent route changes which exceed a cumulative $100,000 annual operating cost change, excluding turnaround and out of service route modifications;
- Calling and conducting public hearings for all major service changes within their area;
- Providing locally accessible public forums (monthly meetings, public hearings) for transit users and others interested in transit in each of the Council regions to voice concerns, suggestions, questions and input on how Metro can best serve our customers;
- Facilitating partnerships with municipal and local transit service providers that promote a shared vision to improve service integration and coordination, resulting in more efficient service and better use of resources.
To be eligible to serve, applicants must:
- live and/or work in the Gateway Cities service area
- use transit multiple times each month
- be able to attend an anticipated one Council meeting each month, and a limited number of special meetings as needed. Monthly meetings are held the 2nd Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM at Salt Lake Park in Huntington Park and have a duration of 1 – 2 hours.
- Not be an employee of Metro
Council Members receive a $100 stipend per meeting (up to two meetings per month) and a Metro badge good for unlimited use of the Metro Bus and Rail system.
To apply, submit a completed and signed application no later than 4:00 pm Wednesday, October 24, 2018 to:
Gateway Cities Council of Governments
16401 Paramount Boulevard
Paramount, CA 90723
or FAX 562-634-8216
To obtain a copy of the application or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213.922.1282.