CicLAvia, LA Phil and Community Arts Resources (CARS) are clearing the roadways of cars between Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood this Sunday, Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Walk, run, skate, scoot, bike, and wander however you like along a route that will feature art, food trucks, screen-printing, kid-friendly fun, and dancing, as well as live music from L.A.’s best musicians.
Take the Metro Red or Purple Line to various stations to access all four route hubs:
- HOLLYWOOD HUB: Take the Red Line to Hollywood/Vine Station.
- KOREATOWN HUB: Take the Purple Line to Wilshire/Western Station.
- MACARTHUR PARK HUB: Take the Red or Purple Line to Westlake/MacArthur Park Station.
- GRAND AVE HUB: Take the Red or Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station.
Show your TAP card at any hub or LA Phil information tent and receive a free commemorative “Celebrate LA” button while supplies last! Metro Art Docents will also be at select stations to provide tours of the station art from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit Westlake/MacArthur Park, Hollywood/Vine, and Wilshire/Normandie and learn more about Metro Art.
If you plan on riding your own bicycle at CicLAvia and will be taking Metro Rail to the event, here are a few tips to follow:
- Avoid long lines at TAP vending machines by loading fare or a pass on your TAP card in advance.
- Load $3.50 in Stored Value for a roundtrip ride.
- Bicyclists should use the wider ADA fare gates and NOT the turnstiles or emergency exit swing gates.
- If boarding with bicycle, please use allocated bike area on trains to avoid blocking doors.
- Bikes are prohibited on escalators and should be transported instead via elevators or stairs at all rail stations.
Don’t have a bike? Try Metro Bike Share with more than 60 stations throughout DTLA. All bikes are available first-come, first-served. A 30-minute trip costs $1.75 (you will need a credit card) or you can purchase a monthly pass for $17 that offers unlimited 30-minute trips.
There will also be Bike Share Virtual Kiosks located at:
- Hollywood and Vine
- Wilshire and Western
- Wilshire and Flower
For more information about detours on specific Metro Bus lines during the event, visit Metro’s Service Advisory page. For more information on routes and connections, use the Trip Planner or call 323.GO.METRO.
Categories: Go Metro