Due to recent spikes in temperature, there will be some speed restrictions on sections of Metro Rail throughout the week. Speed restrictions are precautionary measures during extreme weather conditions to ensure we do not cause damage to the tracks or overhead power lines.
This means there may be:
- Possible delays on Gold Line, Blue Line, Expo Line and Green Line where power zones are strained or under extreme heat.
- Trains may arrive several minutes behind schedule and also take longer during the ride. Expect crowded train cars.
- Train doors will be on passenger release mode at terminal stations to keep train interiors as cool as possible. Use the door-adjacent button to open doors.
- For up-to-date service advisories, follow our Service Alerts Twitter at @metrolaalerts.
And finally, some general reminders for anyone out and about during the heat wave:
- wear loose-fitting, lightweight clothing
- protect against sunburn — SPF 30/PA+++ is your friend!
- drink plenty of fluids — avoid the sugary stuff and go for the H2O
- take it easy during the hottest parts of the day
Categories: Service Alerts