From a diverse range of concerts to multi-cultural dance workshops to a food themed film screening series, here’s your guide to the Metro Art events happening in July. All are free and open to the public!
- Sunday, July 1: Art Tour of downtown rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Saturday, July 7: Art tour of Hollywood rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to the North Hollywood Station (Red Line).
- Sunday, July 8: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Friday, July 13: Metro Art Presents “City of Gold” (2015, 96 min, Dir. Laura Gabbert) as the second installment of our summer food film series, “Fil…mmm at Union Station.” Doors open at 7:30 p.m. in the historic Union Station’s North Patio; screening runs from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, July 14: Art tour of Downtown rail stations (en español) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, July 15: New art tour on the Expo Line from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the entrance to Downtown Santa Monica Station.
- Sunday, July 15: Join us for an afternoon of movement and music as we explore the beautiful, entrancing practice of capoeira in Union Station’s ticketing hall from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, July 20: Turn up the heat as one of Southern California’s most exciting and progressive salsa bands, LA Picante, takes over Union Station Ticketing Hall for a vivacious night of salsa from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 27: Metro Art Presents the first installment of the “Summer Nights at Union Station” series in collaboration with KCRW. Join us for dancing, games, food and music provided by KCRW DJs Jason Bentley + Travis Holcombe from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Union Station’s South Patio.
- Saturday, July 28: New art tour along the Gold Line from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the entrance to Del Mar Station.
Union Station is accessible via Metro Rail, Metro Bus and several municipal bus lines. Use the Trip Planner for routes and connections. Car and bicycle parking are also available on site. Enter from Vignes or Cesar Chavez.