Summer is fast approaching, so ready yourself for outdoor picnic dinners and musical performances at the Hollywood Bowl. The LA Philharmonic Orchestra will be performing concerts all summer long!
Hollywood is known to attract a high quantity of traffic, so avoid the chaos by going Metro to the Hollywood Bowl. Here are two easier travel options for your consideration:
- Take the Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Highland Station, followed by a one-mile walk north on Highland Avenue to the Bowl.
- After exiting Hollywood/Highland Station, transfer to the Hollywood Bowl Shuttle on Orange Drive – between Franklin Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard. The shuttle is free when transferring from Metro Rail or Bus with a TAP card.
Going Metro means you’ll also have the chance to receive a free one-of-a-kind tote bag made from recycled Hollywood Bowl street-pole banners. To get a tote bag, present your TAP card and concert ticket during select shows at the Hollywood Bowl information booth. Supplies are limited, so early arrival is recommended. Participating concerts include:
- June 30: Grease Sing-a-long
- July 6: Jennifer Hudson with Orchestra
- August 24: Tchairkovsky Spectacular with Fireworks
- September 7: Fireworks Finale with Harry Connick Jr.
To see a schedule of other LA Philharmonic events this summer at Hollywood Bowl, click here. Finally, a few quick tips to consider:
- Here’s what’s allowed inside Hollywood Bowl
- For a faster trip, load your TAP card with round-trip fare ahead of time.
- Round-trip fare is $3.50 in stored value + $1 for a reusable TAP card (if you don’t already have one).
- Follow @metrolaalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- To plan your best route to Hollywood Bowl, use Metro Trip Planner.
Categories: Go Metro