Prepare yourself for another rousing day in downtown Los Angeles. Yambu Productions and LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes present the Cuban American Music Festival on Sunday, May 20. The cultural event will showcase local musicians, restaurants, artists and more.
Traveling to downtown Los Angeles generally means experiencing traffic, so we recommended avoiding the madness and going Metro. Additionally, going Metro means saving some money! Present a TAP card at the ticket booth to save 20 percent on tickets.
Entry for the festival will begin at noon. General admission tickets start at $25. Here’s the information you need to Go Metro to the Cuban American Music Festival:
- Union Station is the closest rail station to the festival; the plaza is located at 501 North Main Street. Take the Red, Purple, or Gold Line to Union Station and walk cross Alameda Street to join the festivities.
- For Metro Rail, round-trip fare is $3.50 in stored value + $1 for a reusable TAP card.
- The Silver Line is also a great transit option. The El Monte Busway Alameda stop is a very short walk away. Note: you need to already have a TAP card to ride the Silver Line and the fare is $2.50 per ride.
- Follow @metrolaalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- To plan your best route use Metro Trip Planner.
¡Chao pescao! Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
Categories: Destination Discounts, Go Metro