For the entire month of May, we’ll be celebrating the fun, convenience, and freedom that the bicycle brings to transportation. Check out the list below for some of our highlight events. For the full list of activities, see the calendar here. All Bike Month events are free and open to people of all levels of skill and experience.
- Sunday, May 6: Metro Bike Share Ride to Smorgasburg LA
- Saturday, May 12: Birds and Bikes of SGV
- Saturday, May 12: Santa Monica Community Garden Bike Tour
- Saturday, May 12: Glendora # BikeSaturdays
- Saturday, May 12: Rules of the Road bike class
- Monday, May 13: CyclofemmeLA Ride – Global Women’s Cycling Day
- Thursday, May 17: Bike to Work Day (ride Metro for free with your bike or helmet!)
- Friday, May 18: Bike Night at Union Station
- Saturday, May 19: Ride Back in Time to the Montebello Adobe Museum
- Saturday, May 19: North Long Beach Lawn to Garden Bike Tour
- Sunday, May 20: Rules of the Road bike class
- Sunday, May 20: Discover the Hidden Gems of Culver City Ride
- Saturday, May 26: Street Skills bike class
- Saturday, May 26: Metro Bike Share Ride to Venice Artists & Fleas
- Thursday, May 31: South Pasadena #BikeThursdays
All Metro buses have bike racks for riders to store their bicycles. If you’re taking your bike on a train, please follow the signs to place your bike in the designated areas. And a friendly reminder: bicycles are allowed on trains as long as you can safely board without blocking any aisles and doorways. For more tips on how to bring your bike on board, check metro.net/bikes.
Metro Bike Share is also offering special deals throughout Bike Month. New pass holders can buy a Monthly Pass for just $1, and rides on bike share will be free on Bike to Work Day, May 17! Use promo code 5172018 for a free 30-minute walk up ride.
[…] Metro’s Bike Month Events (The Source) […]