We’re changing it up a little at this month’s Service Council meetings – aside from the usual business of approving minutes and hearing brief updates on regional projects and events, each Council will serve as a forum for the public to receive an overview of Metro’s 2019 fiscal year budget and share their thoughts.
The rest of the meeting will be dedicated to Metro’s NextGen Bus Study, an effort to redesign Metro’s bus network to be more relevant to and attractive to L.A. County residents. The Council meetings will be used as a “listening session” where the public will be invited to provide feedback on their experiences with the Metro bus system. More information about the NextGen Bus Study can be found here.
The San Gabriel Valley Service Council will swear in a new member — Valerie Gibson from Pasadena Transit — while outgoing Council Member Vivian Romero will be recognized for her service. The Gateway Cities and San Fernando Valley Councils will also receive a line ride report from one of their members. The South Bay Service Council, which usually has all of its members share a line ride report at each meeting, will hear them if time permits.
There are opportunities for the public to share their input at all Service Council meetings. For info on the region and its Council representatives, the region’s web pages are linked below:
- San Fernando Valley, Wednesday, April 4, 6:30pm, 6262 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys
- San Gabriel Valley, Monday, April 9, 5:00pm, Metro Division 9 Building, 3449 Santa Anita Ave, El Monte
- Westside Central, Wednesday, April 11, 5:00pm, Metro Headquarters, 3rd Floor Union Station Conference Room, Los Angeles
- Gateway Cities, Thursday, April 12, 2:00pm, 3401 E Florence Av, Huntington Park
- South Bay, Friday, April 13, 9:30am, Inglewood City Hall Community Room, 1 West Manchester Blvd, Inglewood
All Council meeting dates, times, locations, and agendas are posted every month at here; presentation materials are also posted through the online agendas. If you want to provide input but cannot attend a meeting, you can submit comments in writing through the Service Council web pages or send them to email@example.com. Please specify which Council your comments are directed to in your e-mail. You can also use the email to subscribe to any of the Councils’ email lists to receive meeting reminders and other regional notices.