Looking for a way to celebrate L.A. Arts Month or National Poetry Month? From an all new outdoor concert series to the Los Angeles debut of “The Poet is In,” here’s your guide to all the Metro Art events happening in April. All are free and open to the public!
- Saturday, April 7: Art tour of Hollywood rail stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to the North Hollywood Station (Red Line).
- Sunday, April 8: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station Information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, April 8: Join us outdoors as we kick off our spring “North Patio” concert series inspired by and taking place on the North Patio, one of Union Station’s most intimate, verdant courtyard spaces featuring classically trained harpist Mary Lattimore from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14: Art tour of downtown L.A. rail stations (en español) from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, April 15: The second in our “North Patio” series featuring El Rio, a Los Angeles based quintet expressing resistance, love and revolution through Latin American folk rhythms from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 22: Celebrate Earth Day by meeting artist Eric Ernest Johnson and receiving a free, signed copy of his “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster featuring the South Coast Botanic Garden from noon to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, April 22: The third and final performance in our “North Patio” series featuring an ensemble of world music percussionists including Randy Gloss, Jim Santi Owen and Neel Agrawal, with Shenkar on vocals and double violin from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 24: Meet artist Audrey Chan and receive the latest updates regarding her future artwork for Regional Connector during a presentation with the Little Tokyo Neighborhood Council at the Japanese American National Museum beginning at 11:45 a.m.
- Friday, April 27: Celebrate National Poetry Month with the Los Angeles debut of “The Poet is In,” an interactive poetry exchange featuring 12 Los Angeles based poets who will collaborate with station visitors to create personalized poems in Union Station’s North Patio from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Union Station is accessible via Metro Rail, Metro Bus and several municipal bus lines. Use the Trip Planner for routes and connections. Car and bicycle parking are also available on site. Enter from Vignes or Cesar Chavez.
Click here for more information about Metro’s art program, including our popular docent-led art tours and cultural programming. Follow Metro Art on Facebook and Instagram.
[…] Concierto North Patio en Union Station: Concierto gratis que presentará a percusionistas de primer nivel entre ellos Shenkar, Randy Gloss, Jim Santi Owen y Neel Agrawal de 2 p.m. a 5:30 p.m. […]