Get your taste buds ready because the largest street fair in Los Angeles is almost here. Taste of Soul returns on Saturday, Oct. 21! The festival will feature food — and lots of it — from local restaurants, live entertainment, artists and more. Head over with the whole family; Taste of Soul is free and open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In between the food and music, don’t forget to look for the Metro booth to learn more about upcoming and current projects. The booth will also have a phone charging station, so you can post about the fun you’re having all day!
Here’s all the information you need to Go Metro to Taste of Soul:
- Expo/Crenshaw Station is the closest rail station to the festival, which is on Crenshaw Boulevard between Rodeo Road and Stocker Street. Exit the station and walk south on Crenshaw Boulevard. It’s about a five-minute walk to the festival.
- For those traveling via Metro Rail, Expo Line trains will run every 12 minutes on Saturday. Board at the front or center of the platform to avoid crowding.
- Lines 40, 105, 210, 705, 710 and 740 will be detouring but still operating during the event, and stops will be walking distance to the festival. Please see below for nearby boarding details.
- For bicyclists, secure bike parking will be provided at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza at the intersection of Crenshaw and Martin Luther King Blvd. Bikes are allowed on Metro trains and all Metro buses have bike racks. Please follow the rules when bringing bikes on board!
- Follow @metrolaalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- To plan your best route use Metro Trip Planner.
Hope to see you there!
Due to street closures for the event, you can board buses at the following locations:
- Line 40 North at Leimert/Stocker or Leimert/Sutro Street: board Line 102 stops.
- Line 40 South at Leimert/Stocker or Leimert/43rd Street: board Line 102 stops or board at regular Line 40 stop at Crenshaw/Vernon.
- Line 105 North at Stocker/Crenshaw: board Line 102 stop near IHOP Restaurant.
- Line 105 South at Crenshaw/Stocker: board regular Line 105 stop near Liquor Bank.
- Lines 210/710 North at Stocker/Crenshaw: board Line 102 stop near IHOP Restaurant.
- Lines 210/710 South at Crenshaw/Stocker: board regular stops near Liquor Bank.
- Line 710 South at Crenshaw/Jefferson: board Line 210 stop near gas station.
- Line 740 North at Stocker/Crenshaw: board Line 102 stop near IHOP Restaurant.
- Line 740 South at Jefferson/Crenshaw: board Line 38 stop near gas station.
Categories: Go Metro