One of the CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-final matches will be taking place at the Rose Bowl this Sunday. Depending on the outcome of the quarterfinal games taking place on Thursday, the match-up will be between Jamaica, Canada, Mexico and Honduras.
The Rose Bowl gates open at 4:30 p.m. and kick off will be at 5:30 p.m. If you’re heading to the game, you can take the Gold Line to Memorial Park Station and walk about 5 minutes to the Parsons parking lot for the Rose Bowl shuttle. Please note the shuttle will NOT be free for this event: it’s $5 roundtrip if you pre-purchase tickets and $10 on event day. The shuttle will run between Parsons and Lot B at the Rose Bowl Stadium starting three hours before game time and ending one hour afterwards.
You could also consider walking to the Rose Bowl from Memorial Park Station — the walk isn’t bad and is mostly shaded — or try Metro Bike Share. There’s a bike share kiosk across the street from Memorial Park Station and one located in Brookside Park. Finally, Bike SGV is providing free bike valet service for those who want to ride their own bikes. Strollers, scooters, skateboards and other mobility devices may also use the valet service.
And here are a few quick FAQs on Metro fare and TAP:
- A one-way ride is $1.75 and comes with two hours of free transfers on TAP.
- A reusable TAP card costs $1.
- Avoid long return lines at TAP Vending Machines by loading your TAP card with $3.50 in stored value for a roundtrip in advance.
- TAP cards must be tapped before boarding each line, including at transfer stations.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Please click here for complete fare information.
Categories: Go Metro