Back in April, many of us were not fortunate enough to escape to Coachella for a weekend of music, food and fun. But good news! The team behind Coachella has announced Arroyo Seco Weekend, a colorful two-day music festival that will be taking place in Pasadena on June 24 and 25.
Arroyo Seco Weekend will be held on the grounds of Pasadena’s Brookside Golf Club next to the Rose Bowl. Headliners include Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Mumford & Sons, Weezer, The Mowgli’s and more. The two-day event will also feature curated food and craft drinks by Los Angeles’ top chefs and restaurants such as LocoL, Ramen Hood and Republique.
If you’re planning to attend the festival, you should also plan to avoid traffic and the hassle of parking by going Metro — just take the Gold Line to Memorial Park Station and walk 5 minutes west on E. Holly Street to catch the free Rose Bowl shuttle in Parsons Lot B. Shuttles start running to the festival from 10:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. Return trips run from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday and until midnight on Sunday.
Additionally, going Metro means you get a free Arroyo Seco Weekend collapsible water bottle! To receive a water bottle, show your valid TAP card at the Metro booth on the concourse.
Arroyo Seco Weekend festival grounds open at noon on both Saturday and Sunday. General admission single day passes start at $125; children under the age of 10 are free. Finally, a few quick tips to consider:
- Here’s what’s allowed inside the festival
- To avoid long lines, load your TAP card with round-trip fare ahead of time.
- Round-trip fare is $3.50 stored value + $1 for a reusable TAP card.
- For trips only on Gold Line (with no transfers), the last trains leave Memorial Park Station at 2:35 a.m. on Saturday and 1:15 a.m. on Sunday.
- Those transferring to other lines, the last trains leave at 1:35 a.m. on Saturday and 11:35 p.m. on Sunday.
- Follow @metrolaalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- To plan your best route, use the Metro Trip Planner.
Categories: Go Metro