From a film screening of one the leading pioneers of the “nuclear monster” genre to a night fit for any bicycle enthusiast, here’s your guide to all the Metro Art events happening in May. Did we mention they’re all free and open to the public?
- Saturday, May 6: Art Tour of Rail Stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to the Red Line Hollywood/Highland Station.
- Sunday, May 7: Art Tour of Rail Stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Friday, May 12: Metro Art Presents Them! as the next installment in our Sci-Fi at Union Station film screening series. Doors open at 8:00 p.m. on the Union Station North Patio; screening runs from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Followed by Her on June 9)
- Saturday, May 13: Art & Architecture tour of Union Station — ¡en español! The tour takes place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Sunday, May 14: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at the Union Station Information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Thursday, May 18: Metro commissioned artists Benjamin Ball and Gaston Nogues of Ball-Nogues Studio will share their artwork concept for the future Metro Rail Maintenance of Way facility from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Art Share L.A., 801 E. 4th Place, Los Angeles 90013
- Friday, May 19: Metro Art Presents a musical performance by the Desert Cahuilla Birdsingers from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the Union Station North Patio.
- Friday, May 26: Metro Art is bringing the music to help celebrate the culmination of Bike Month! The event will also include food, activities and all things bike at Metro’s 4th annual Bike Night from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Union Station South Patio.
Union Station is accessible via Metro Rail, Metro Bus and several municipal bus lines. Use the Trip Planner for routes and connections. Car and bicycle parking are also available on site. Enter from Vignes or Cesar Chavez.
Categories: Go Metro