Mark your calendars! SoCal Museum’s 12th annual Museums Free-For-All takes place this Sunday, Jan. 29 and many institutions of art, cultural heritage, history and science will offer free general admission for the entire day.
If you haven’t had a chance to visit museums like the California Science Center, La Brea Tar Pits and Museum or The Getty, this Sunday is the perfect opportunity to check them out and receive special offers by going Metro! (Please note that offers are for museum entry and may not apply to special ticketed exhibitions.)
Take Metro to avoid parking fees and show your TAP card to get exclusive deals at the following locations:
- California Science Center: save $2 on adult and $1 off child admission to any IMAX film (Metro Expo Line to Expo Park/USC Station or Expo/Vermont Station)
- Getty Center: save 10% at the Getty Store on regularly-priced merchandise (Metro Line 234 or Rapid 734 to Getty Center/Sepulveda)
- Kidspace Children’s Museum: save 10 % at the Busy Bee Learning Store (Metro Gold Line to Memorial Park Station then take Pasadena Transit 51 to Seco/Rosemont)
- La Brea Tar Pits Museum: save 10% in the Museum Store and get 15% off all membership levels (Metro Line 20 or DASH Fairfax to Wilshire/Curson)
- La Tienda at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes: save 10% on select merchandise (Metro Red, Purple, Gold or Silver Line to Union Station)
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County: save 10% in the Museum Store and get 15% off all membership levels (Metro Expo Line to Expo/Vermont Station or Expo Park/USC Station)
- Pasadena Museum of California Art: save 10% on all in-store purchases at PMCA and get a free Mark Ryden poster (Metro Gold Line to Memorial Park Station then it’s a short walk to Union/Oakland)
For a full list of participating museums, click here. The Free-For-All is also a good opportunity for you to enter Eat Shop Play’s contest for a chance to win a 7-Day TAP card.
Categories: Go Metro
[…] might be free, but usual parking fees still apply. For those taking the bus, rail, or subway: Metro has teamed up with several institutions to offer discounts at museum stores and other perks for riders who […]
The Pasadena Arts buses do not run on Sundays. There’s no way transit people can get to Kidspace and take advantage of the discounts.
While that’s unfortunately true for the Sunday event, it may be an option on other days of the week.
Writer, The Source