There are two schools of thoughts on rookie quarterbacks. Sit ’em and let them sponge it all in or throw them into the fire. The Rams have chosen the fire. Interesting it should be, especially with the Miami Dolphins in playoff contention behind a pretty good D.
Kickoff at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. Sunday and it’s easy to reach the Colisuem via the Expo Line or Silver Line with parking available throughout the Metro Rail system, along with many private lots in downtown L.A. near the Expo Line. Some other nuggets to consider:
- Parking will NOT be available at Expo/Crenshaw Station. The lot is leased from West Angeles Church and is closed for service on Sundays. To park and ride, consider Culver City Station or La Cienega/Jefferson Station, which have free parking — and will likely fill early. Paid parking is available at 17th/SMC, Expo/Bundy, and Expo/Sepulveda; the fee is $2 for transit users. To find parking elsewhere on the Metro Rail system, click here.
- Tailgating is not allowed at Metro Park and Ride lots. The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department personally told the Source at a recent meeting that they will be enforcing this. You’ve been warned.
- Make sure to follow @metrolosangeles on Twitter. We issue updates when lots fill up.
- Metrolink is running special service to Rams games. Buy a Metrolink $10 weekend day pass and take the San Bernardino, Orange County, Antelope Valley and 91/Perris Valley lines to Union Station; transfer to the Red/Purple Line to 7th/Metro, then catch the Expo Line to the Coliseum. Your Metrolink ticket is good for free transfers onto Metro. NOTE: there will be service disruptions on some Metrolink lines during this weekend. See advisory.
- This isn’t new but it bears repeating: load your TAP card with $3.50 stored value before starting your trip! Those return lines can be a big pain in the you-know-what.
Expo trains will be running every six minutes before and after the game. Use Expo Park/USC Station or Expo/Vermont Station. Both are an easy five- to 10-minute walk to the Coliseum.
Another game-day option is the Silver Line. The Silver Line will be running enhanced service on Sunday, running every 5 minutes from Harbor Gateway, every 15-20 minutes from San Pedro and every 10 minutes from El Monte. Use the 37th St/USC Station, which is about a 10-minute walk to the Coliseum.
You need to have a TAP card to ride the Silver Line and the fare is $2.50 per ride. TAP vending machines are available at El Monte and Harbor Gateway stations. Metro is currently conducting an all-door boarding pilot, meaning passengers can board through any bus door after tapping.
To help alleviate post-game crowding at stations and minimize boarding delays, those heading back toward Santa Monica should board at Expo Park/USC Station. If you’re returning to DTLA, please board at Expo/Vermont Station. See the above map.
Categories: Go Metro