The Metro Expo Line will begin running every six minutes for the majority of the day starting Monday, Oct. 24.
Trains until now have run every 12 minutes; the service changes are expected to help reduce crowding and wait times for riders.
Day-to-Day Service Levels
- Monday through Friday: Expo Line trains will run every 10 to 12 minutes from start of service until 6 a.m. After 6 a.m. trains will run every six minutes until 8 p.m., when they will run every 10 to 12 minutes. From 9 p.m. to close of service, trains will run every 20 minutes.
- On weekends: Expo Line trains will run every 12 minutes, then every 20 minutes after 9 p.m. Enhanced service may be in operation for special events, i.e. Rams or USC football games.
- Trains will initially be two cars each but will be lengthened to three cars as more of the new Kinkisharyo light rail vehicles arrive.
Also, some Gold Line news: Metro will be adding train cars to the Gold Line as the agency receives new cars from Kinkisharyo, the contractor building the new light-rail vehicles. Currently, Metro is operating service every seven minutes during peak periods with mostly two-car trains and two three-car trains. More three-car trains will run as the new light rail vehicles become available.
Here’s the new Expo Line timetable:
You can also see the schedule here.
Finally, for those looking to ride the Expo Line with its new schedule, here are some helpful tips to remember:
- Regular fare is $1.75, which includes two hours of free transfers in one direction. Each person must TAP before boarding. If you need a TAP card, they can be purchased for $1 at TAP vending machines that are located at all Metro Rail stations.
- Need to park and ride? Check out the list of stations with available parking.
- Looking for things to do or places to eat along the Expo Line? Check out Anna’s earlier Source post.
- Follow Metro’s Twitter accounts @metrolosangeles or @metrolaalerts for service alerts and updates.
- For more routes and connections, use the Metro Trip Planner.
Like the new Expo Line changes? Please leave a comment below!
Media: official news release is here.
Need Expo Line pics for your blog, media or social media stream? Here are a few:
Categories: Go Metro