With the Rio Games in full swing, Metro’s and LA2024’s efforts to bring the Games closer to home continues tonight when Julianne McNamara — who won a Gold Medal in the Uneven Parallel Bars at the 1984 Los Angeles Games — will be appearing at the Red Line’s and Orange Line’s North Hollywood Station from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. today. Feel free to swing by and get an autograph or photo taken with Julianne. It’s free with no strings attached!
Above are photos taken of Gold Medalist swimmer John Naber on Wednesday afternoon at the Expo Line’s Culver City Station.
The full list of Gold Medalist appearances going forward:
- Atlantic Station, Aug. 12 — Brenda Villa, Gold Medal in Women’s Water Polo at the 2012 London Games.
- Chatsworth Station, Aug. 15 — Rafer Johnson, Gold Medal in Decathlon at the 1960 Rome Games.
- 7th Street/Metro Center, Aug. 16 — Valerie Brisco, three Gold Medals in 200 meters, 400 meters, 4×400 meters relay at the 1984 Los Angeles Games.
- Downtown Long Beach Station, Aug. 17 — Lisa Fernandez, three-time Gold Medal winner in Softball at 1996 Atlanta Games, 2000 Sydney Games and 2004 Athens Games.
- APU/Citrus College Station, Aug. 18 — Bryan Clay, Gold Medal in Decathlon at the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Downtown Santa Monica Station, Aug. 19 — Mark Spitz, nine-time Gold Medalist in Swimming at the 1968 Mexico City Games and 1972 Munich Games.
Categories: Go Metro